Dear community scientists!
Be a part of a global effort to digitize centuries of data about life on Earth! Organisms may include ferns, fungi, mosses, lichens, insects, and mammals. Participants will have an opportunity to meet scientists and join in behind-the-scenes tours or talks about the significance of the scientific collections!
WeDigBio will be held online daily from Thursday, October 12th – Sunday, October 15th.
The Field Museum is kindly welcoming a small group of volunteers to work in-person to assist with the curation process of the botanical collections. This opportunity is on a first-come, first-served basis so please fill out the registration form below. NOTE: The Field Museum will not be offering free parking at this time, only free admission. If you are a docent/volunteer with the museum, you will still be able to use your badge for parking at the West Lot. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
To register for this event, please click here.
WeDigBio is ideal for teens aged 15+ and adults. However, families are welcome as it is a great opportunity for all age groups to work together.
For educators with classes, please contact us directly.
Details for all WeDigBio days:
- A Zoom link will be emailed the day before each session starts regardless if you are participating online or in-person.
- Check-in will start at 9:30am CDT (10:30am EDT/8:30am MDT/7:30am PDT) whether you are volunteering online or in-person.
- For in-person volunteering at the Field Museum, volunteers will be checked in at the East Entrance of the museum.
- Each event will begin at 10:00am CDT until 1:00pm CDT (11:00am–2:00pm EDT/9:00am–1:00pm MDT/8:00am–12:00pm PDT).
- Talks and behind-the-scenes tours will be scattered throughout.
Thank you everyone for considering participating in this event!
The WeDigBio Team